Saturday, August 8, 2009

Party before the Party

Our good friends, Jamie and Ben are having a huge party Saturday to end the summer. They asked Steve to work his magic and smoke his famous pork butts for the party. Now, if you have never tasted Steve's BBQ pork butts, you have simply missed out on one of the best things in the world. He is a pro on the smoker. So, Friday afternoon, the cooking started. He smoked 19 butts or 160 lbs.. It wasn't all for the party but also for friends and family who ordered butts for themselves. Things got going around 3 pm and they were finally off the grill at midnight. They cooled over night and then they were pulled Saturday morning and sauced. I sampled the finished product and remembered why he is the best cook I know.
We made a party out of it to kick off Saturday's party. We grilled hamburgers, made cheesy potatoes, carrot cake and yellow watermelon. Yes, yellow watermelon. Of course, a few beverages were consumed. A great time was had by all and I can't wait until the real party today.

Oh Look. Hannah sitting on the Cooler.

A cooler containing her BUBBY.

Paybacks are HECK Hannah.

1 comment:

The Broeker Family said...

Thanks Steve so much!!! The BBQ was absolutely incredible!! I'm so happy to have some leftovers to enjoy, also!