Thursday, October 14, 2010

30 Day Blog Challenge - day 4

30 Day Blog Challenge - Day 4
My Parents

My Parents, Don and Debbie married on October 16, 1971.  That means 39 years ago this week. They are the backbone of who I am today. They are the two people I have always looked up to, admired, respected, and desired to become. They are well respected in our immediate family, our extended family, their church, their work, and their community. They are loving, accepting, giving, and nurturing to all those they know and meet. They are the people I have always looked up to and will continue to do so.

They have shaped me into the woman I am today.  They were strict and stern with us girls as we grew up. They didn't take any crap off of us. They taught us to put God first in our lives. They taught us the importance of a good education and good grades. Bad grades were not accepted because they knew we could do better. They taught us to try and try harder. They taught us to respect our elders and to respect ourselves.  They taught us to love one another. We always  went to bed knowing the importance of family. They taught us discipline. They taught us the value of a dollar, how to save money, and make wise choices. They taught us manners. We grew up with morals and values embedded in our brains. We knew the difference between right and wrong. If we forgot, they would lead us in the right direction. They taught us to take pride in what we do. They taught us to respect the law.

I could probably carry on forever about how they have shaped me into the person I am today. When you are growing up, you think all that stuff is just their way of getting on your nerves. Never did I think they were doing me a favor. They are my HEROS.
I Love you Mom and Dad!!!!

My mom said to me just this week in conversation "Tammy, I know you think your dad hung the moon."  Well, honestly, I think they both did. We were blessed with wonderful parents. Steph, Andrea, and I are extremely lucky to have them in our lives.

No comments: