Thanks to my friend Kara's blog, I found out about this 30 day blog challenge. I will give it a try. It is a different topic each day for 30 days. They tell you the topic to talk about. I will try and be as honest as possible. Ha. I challenge all of my fellow bloggers to take the challenge too. Go to this link to get the list http://katieslifejourney.blogspot.com/2010/10/30-day-blog-challenge.html I am two days behind, so lets get started!!!!!!!!!
30 Day Blog Challenge- Day 1
Introduce, Recent Picture, and 15 Interesting Facts
I was born a daughter, granddaughter, sister, and niece, Tamara Jo Payne on April 9, 1977 to Don and Debbie Payne in Owensboro. I then became a wife, daughter-in-law, and sister-in-law, Tamara Elfreich on April 29, 2006 when I married Steve. On May 8, 2009, I became a mom, when I welcomed Conner to this world. Along the way, I became a friend, co-worker, godmother, and teacher to many. Still today, 33 years later, I take all of these titles with pride. I try to live up to each of these honors.
****15 Interesting Facts****
- In grade school, I was in clogging and 4-H, band, cheer leading, and basketball. Going to a small private school, that was about all that was offered to us.
- My favorite season is definitely FALL.
- The first night I met Steve, I thought his name was Scott. This went on for a week.
- I have many hobbies - Scrapbooking, photo books, wreaths, flowers, invitations, card making, photography, gardening, and blogging. Just too little free time to do them in.
- I want to be a Professional Party Planner when I grow up.
- I am very organized and love to plan ahead. Secret- I already have Conner's 2nd Birthday party planned-7 months early. It is on the books, time set, venue booked, food and cake ordered. I think it is too early to send out the invitations!!!!!!
- I am a perfectionist in everything I do. This drives everyone around me nuts. I know it. Sorry, I can't help it.
- I love to decorate. If I had a bigger house where storage wasn't an issue, I would probably have 6 different comforters, and curtain sets and switch our bedroom decor every 2 or 3 months.
- I love to cook. I just don't have enough time or counter space, so I chose not to go to extremes. I also don't care for recipes with more than 7 or 8 ingredients.
- I love to give meaningful gifts. I put a lot of thought into my gifts I give. A lot of them are homemade or ordered with that special someone in mind.
- My favorite food is Q'doba's naked burrito with chips.
- My biggest secret- I had talked myself out of having children before I met Steve. I dated the same guy for 6 years before Steve and couldn't imagine having a child with him. Glad I changed my mind.
- The first thing I look forward to each morning- peeking in Conner's room to watch him sleep. This usually means- knees tucked under, tiny butt up in the air, head turned to the side, mouth slightly open, and the cutest little snore you have ever heard.
- The last thing I look forward to before bed- catching some cuddle time with Conner on the couch, reading to him during our cool down phase.
- I love the life I have.
30 Day Blog Challenge - Day 2
Meaning Behind your Blog Name
This one is simple- We always say to each other- "We do everything as a family."
Well, there you have it. We are the "Elfreich Family."
30 Day Blog Challenge- Day 3
Your First Love
Well, there was Stephen Railey in kindergarten who gave me a pearl ring and a peck on the cheek. That was sweet and all, but he always had boogers in his nose. I wasn't into him.
I guess it means my first Real Love. It would have to be Jarrod Hedrick. Most of you knew that already. I started dating Jarrod when I was a freshmen in High School and we broke up when I was a Freshmen in College. He was a permanent fixture at the Payne house for 5 years. He was like the son my dad never had and the brother my sisters always wanted. We have both moved on and are happily married to other people. He lives in Louisville, KY now with his wife Nina and adorable daughter Ava. He is a history teacher in a high school. I am still very close to his parents.
I bet you are all looking forward to Day 4!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2 comments:
So glad you're doing this too! It was fun to read all of your answers!
You Go, Girl!! I'm not even attempting it!!!!
Post a Comment