Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving

As I sit here at my computer, as both the boys are napping, I wonder -- when will I find a day when "I"  have time to nap? Then, I turn my mind to all the things I am thankful for INSTEAD. I am thankful that I am not bed ridden and that all "I CAN DO" is nap. I still have my health, my energy, and my desire to be a go getter. Napping will come again when Conner goes to College or Laundry does itself and groceries magically appear in my fridge without making a Wal-mart run. The time will come.

Today, I am Thankful For:
  1. My wonderful Husband Steve, who is a wonderful partner and an even better father.
  2. My beautiful, smart, and lovable Conner. He makes every day worth living and fills everyone he comes in contact with full of love, joy, and happiness. He also offers endless smiles which are contagious.
  3. My parents, parents in-laws, sisters, and brothers. They are the wonderful, loving, supportive ROCKS in our lives that we can always depend on.
  4. My nieces and nephews. They are like your own children but you don't have to financially support them and you can send them home. I get so much joy watching them grow, change, and learn.
  5. Our extended families. We have a great group of Aunts, Uncles, and Cousins on both the Elfreich and Payne sides. They are always there if you need them. Rather it be roofing a house or decorating for a wedding. All you have to do is ask. Family is very special. I wish all of our family was even closer nearby. I wish Michigan was next door to Evansville.
  6. My friends. What would we do without friends? Have you ever thought of how much you depend on your friends for love, laughter, the simplest comment to make you smile, or just the knowing that they will always be there? I love you guys.
  7. Our Health. We have been in the ER 3 times, Surgery once (yesterday), and the pediatricians office several  times this year. That is not bad for our track record. It was never anything we couldn't overcome and move on. Just short illnesses.  Thank you God for a pretty healthy year. We needed that.
  8. Our Jobs. We are both employed bringing home paychecks. We have health insurance and benefits. In this economy, that is HUGE. Steve's business has boomed in the past several months, and he has never been out of a job. We consider ourselves very Lucky.
  9. Deaconess Children's Enrichment Center a.k.a.  Conner's daycare. We are so pleased with the care and love Conner receives from daycare. We can't say enough about how much we love it there.  We are blessed to have Ms. Diana and Ms. Carolyn in his everyday life. We are blessed to have the peace of mind every day knowing he is being well taken care of and loved.
  10. Digital Cameras. One of my simplest blessings, but something I am so thankful for. It helps me create memories for my family and Conner. I would be lost without it.
  11. Blogs and Blog Books. Again, a way for me to create lasting memories for my family and Conner and a way for our family and friends to keep track of us.
So, as we stuff our bellies today, take a moment to thank God for everything he has given us and give those special "Someones" an extra squeeze.

One more thing- I am thankful for Spell Check. It found 9 mistakes. OOPS!!!

No comments: