Thursday, January 15, 2009

Ultrasound Today

We had our 22 week ultrasound today. The baby is perfectly healthy. He is a big boy. Today, he measured 10 inches and weighs 1lb 5 ounces. The peri-natal specialist kept saying the words, Big, Big, Boy. I know that doesn't sound very big, but for a fetus at 22 weeks, he is measuring 2 weeks ahead of most 22 week babies. They believe it is just familial -meaning Steve was fat and I was fat, so our baby is gonna be fat. They say that if he continues to grow at this rate, we should plan for a baby at 36 weeks. They will test his lungs and as soon as they are formed and ready, he will enter the world. That will be around April 21st instead of May 19th. We will just have to see how things go. I think he looks like me.
Every time we go, the tech starts rolling the wand around and
he always puts his arms up to his head.
At one point during his photo shoot today, he waved.

Here, he has his little elbow resting on his knee and his hand on his head. Just like the thinking man. Look how clear his little bones are.

Baby Boy Elfreich 22 Weeks

2 comments:

The Broeker Family said...

How sweet!! I do have to say April baby boys are just precious and the birthstone is a diamond:)

The Broeker Family said...

I do have to say April baby boys are just precious and the birthstone is a diamond:)